Post-Secondary Marine Technology Program
The Marine Technology Program prepares students to work in both the commercial and recreational marine industries.
Training includes boat handling instruction and safety, general shop and tool safety, internal combustion engines, marine electrical system design and installation, outboard, inboard, sterndrive and diesel engine systems, propulsion system maintenance, boat trailer maintenance, electronics installation, vessel systems, marine cosmetics and building construction, marine welding/fabrication.
Successful completion prepares students for:
- American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) certification
- Multiple Yamaha certifications
- General Industry 10-Hour certification
Trimester 3 (MT-03) Begins 4/11/22 – 6/27/22
- MT301: Marine Boat Construction, Repair, Cosmetics
- MT301L: Marine Boat Construction, Repair, Cosmetics (Lab)
- MT302L: Marine Welding, Trailer Maintenance (Lab)
- MT303: Engine/Vessel Rigging and Maintenance
- MT303L: Engine/Vessel Rigging and Maintenance (Lab)
- MT304: Customer Service and ABYC Advisor Standards
- MT305: Project-Based and or Co-Op Opportunities
Course Cost $1,500 per Trimester, but Training Could Be Free if You Qualify!
Financial assistance is available through Mass Hire.
Contact Marie Franqui at: 508-990-4130 to see if you are eligible