Night: Tuesday, 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Fall: September 12, 2023 – October 31, 2023
*Note: Classes are capped at 10 students. If a semester exceeds 10 students, a second night will be offered on Mondays. There must be 16 student to run 2 classes in a trimester. Otherwise, students will be placed on a waiting list for the following trimester.
The objective of this course is to gain experience as an EKG technician using the following skills:
- Properly obtaining EKG including lead placement
- Heart Anatomy and Physiology
- Diseases of the heart
- Operating and adjusting of EKG monitors
- Holter Monitors
- Pacemaker Rhythms
- Reading and Interpretation of EKG recordings
- Communication with Physicians and Medical Staff
An EKG Technician Certificate will be given at course completion to students receiving a 70% or better course average. Also offered (not mandatory or required for employment) is a National Certification by the American Medical Certification Association—AMCA (for an additional fee).
* Price includes book
Click below to Register!
Registration Keyword: EKG