The initial complaint or grievance should be made by emailing the Director of Technology for Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School District firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether or not a formal complaint or grievance is made, once the District has been notified of inaccessible content, effective communication shall be provided as soon as possible to the reporting party to provide access to the information. The Complainant should not have to wait for the investigation of the complaint to be concluded before receiving the information that he/she was unsuccessful in accessing.
To file a complaint or grievance regarding the inaccessibility of the District’s public website content, the Complainant should submit a description of the problem, via email or regular mail, including:
- Date of the Complaint
- Description of the problem encountered
- Web address or location of the problem page
- Solution desired
- Contact information in case more details are needed (email and phone number)
The complaint or grievance will be investigated by the Director of Technology. The student, parent, or member of the public shall be contacted no later than five (5) working days following the date the Director of Technology is given the information.
The procedures to be followed are:
- An investigation of the complaint shall be completed within fifteen (15) working days. Extension of the timeline may only be approved by the Superintendent.
- The investigator shall prepare a written report of the findings and conclusions within five (5) working days of the completion of the investigation.
- The investigator shall contact the Complainant upon conclusion of the investigation to discuss the findings and conclusions and actions to be taken as a result of the investigation.
- A record of each complaint and grievance made pursuant to the GNBVT website shall be maintained at the District office. The record shall include a copy of the complaint or grievance filed, report of findings from the investigation, and the disposition of the matter.
GNBVT Director of Technology
c/o Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School
1121 Ashley Blvd.
New Bedford, MA 02745