Learn from local artist, Temple Mitchell, how-to produce unique, handmade products by incorporating two or more art forms. Class descriptions are listed, and each workshop is entirely distinct. With the except of rug weaving, each topic will only last for one week. You can create what you would buy from Etsy!
- Wet Felted Bowls: Learn how to manipulate wool fibers with water to form and create your own bowl. Then add color and design with the process of needle felting.
- Wood Burning: Create a charcuterie board: Bring a design, transfer your design to wood board and practice the art of wood burning.
- Wood Block Printing: Carve designs into wood or lino then print your design onto your choice of fabric table runner or four placemats.
- Marbling Paper & Silk: Learn the Ancient Turkish art of Ebru painting- marbling paper and silk. Leave with two unique and colorful projects.
- Let’s work with rope & string: Make a Celtic Knot wreath for your door and a string art compass for your mantle. This one might get a little knotty.
- Love flowers? How about creating a 2-foot paper Dahlia for the wall? We will use outdated books or colored origami paper for our supplies.
- Weaving a Custom Rug: Learn to weave your own rag rug using your own handmade loom! Week 1 will be about building the loom, getting it ready for weaving, and beginning the weaving process. Bring it home then in Week 2 we will complete the process, remove your rug, and finish the rug so you can bring it home and enjoy it under your feet.
Examples of the Art: